Dota Plus is a premium monthly subscription service for Dota 2. It comes with many features, including hero progression, selective matchmaking, statistical analysis, shards, relics, terrains, chat wheel lines/sounds, player tipping, and cosmetic item rewards. Dota Plus subscribers also get additional rewards from Battle Passes and events.
- Dota Plus can be purchased as one time payment or as a recurring subscription.
- Dota Plus can be purchased as a gift for friends.
- Prices vary slightly depending on currencies.
|1 month||$3.99 USD||None|
|6 month||$22.99 USD||6%|
|12 month||$41.99 USD||12%|
- Dota Plus subscribers will gain access to challenges unique to each hero.
- Completing a challenge earns experience points towards a hero’s level.
- Three challenges are available at a time.
- Each challenge has three difficulty tiers that reward increasing amounts of experience.
- Challenges can only be completed if the match is won.
- Challenges can be refreshed once every two weeks.
- Challenges are not available in Turbo Mode.
Levels and Tiers
- Completing a match earns 50 XP for the hero you played.
- Winning the match earns an additional 50 XP for that hero.
- Completing a hero challenge earns 250, 375, or 500 XP for the hero you played, depending on the tier completed.
- Players cannot earn hero XP or complete challenges in Ability Draft, or All Random Deathmatch.
- Players will earn half XP in Turbo Mode.
- All players can earn up to hero level 5. Only Dota Plus can level further.
- Leveling up earns shards and unlocks tiers.
- Each tier comes with its own badge and unlocks hero voice lines for the Chat Wheel.
- Badges are displayed over the hero at the beginning of each match.
- Badges are displayed next to a hero’s name in the in-game chat.
- Badges are displayed to teammates when pinging on the map.
|1||50||50||–||2 lines (Team chat)|
|6||900||2750||2,400||2 lines (All chat)|
|12||1700||10450||3,200||2 lines (All chat)|
|18||2500||22950||4,000||1 line (All chat)|
|25||6800||46850||9,700||1 line (All chat)|
|30||8000||72050||10,000||1 line (All chat)|
Shards can be earned by leveling up heroes under the Plus service, completing seasonal quests, winning a Weekend Battle Cup, predicting win streaks, or winning three matches per week. They are used to purchase Relics, Tools, Chat Wheel sounds, Event items and cosmetic items, some of which are exclusive to the Plus Store.
Dota Plus subscribers can predict win streaks and earn shards.
The following items can only be obtained from the Plus Store.
Relics are counters that track a hero’s actions and statistics. Each hero has ten common Relics and four rare Relics, which can be purchased with shards. Relics display an in-game notice and particle effect whenever a milestone is reached on their counters.
- Plus subscribers will have access to year-round Seasonal Terrains as they become available.
- Dota Plus subscribers can choose to avoid 25 unwanted players in matchmaking.
Most Valuable Player
- After each match, the system selects an MVP based on internal analyses. MVPs are rewarded with shards.
Weekend Battle Cup
- The Weekend Battle Cup is free to play every week for Dota Plus subscribers.
- Winning a Weekend Battle Cup as a Dota Plus subscriber will reward 20,000 shards.
A variety of automated suggestions is available to Dota Plus subscribers, based on in-game events, team compositions, your hero’s current lane, and overall analytics.
- Ability build suggestions
- Item build suggestions
- Lane strategy suggestions
- Ward suggestions
- Friends and Foes based on statistics
- Creep pull timer
- Incoming damage type breakdown
Dota Plus subscribers can spectate a friend’s match in live time, with team vision only.
A large amount of Valve’s internal statistics is made visible for Dota Plus subscribers, who can compare them to other players of varying skill levels.
- Second-by-second death summary
- Post-game analytics
- Spectator game outcome prediction graphs
- Gold statistics
- Healing statistics
- In-game real time analytics comparisons
- Hero trends
- Pick rate
- Win rate
- Ban rate
- Talent pick rate
- Global trends
- Average kills/deaths/assists/GPM/XPM/last hits/denies
Pro Circuit App
Players can wager shards on Dota Pro Circuit tournament matches.